Sunday, June 13, 2010

Money




I try not to handle money. I just use my debit card. I always seem to find something dirty or especially something that looks like blood on my money. It's kind of weird how I always find things that look like blood on my money or other things. So something that's actually kind of funny happened with me and my money the other day. It wasn't funny then though. I told my husband I would cash his birthday check for him. Do you think I got crisp clean bills at the bank. NO!  It had some sort of mess on the back of it that of course in my OCD mind had to be blood. What to do...I came home and held it by the corner and put it in an atm envelope. I then went back to the bank atm and deposited it. I then had to withdraw money from the atm. My husband doesn't care what kind of crud is on his money but I do because then he is going to touch it and get it on me somehow.

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog. I love you bio. THant is just what I do, I look for Gods help in battling my OCD. I am hoping to find support and encouragement from others as well as support them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, it's funny, I totally get why you'd be worried about money. That said, I am really surprised I don't have issues with it. Because really, it probably is one of the grosser things out there. Huh. Just goes to show what a weird beast OCD can be.
    Haven't talked with you in a while. Hope you're doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I just wandered over here when I noticed a post about flooring. Mine has to be unreasonably clean, but before I digress...

    My fear isn't blood, but whenever I see anything I don't immediately recognize as something totally benign, I assume the worst. This is a royal pain when handling virtually anything, or when people who are not as careful as I am handle something I wouldn't and then proceed to touch me or my belongings. Ack!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Vacation