Thursday, April 22, 2010

Stores and Chemicals

I don't always have something to say about OCD but I decided I should try to blog even when nothing too OCDish is going on. I guess it is always going on even if I don't notice. I am always aware of it because it's part of me. I will try to talk about something to do with OCD since that's what the focus of my blog is about. One thing I dislike about this season is that the stores get chemical happy. They put fertilizers by all the entry ways and you have to hold your breath or breathe in those fumes just to get in the store. It's everywhere because they really want you to buy some. I used to have to go to a different grocery store in the spring and summer because I didn't even want to use the carts or have my stuff on the conveyer belts that all the poisons had been sitting on. It seems like everyone has some pesticide or chemical in their cart. It makes me sick. When I pay for my items at the store I look to carefully to make sure no one in front of me is buying "chemicals".  I won't go through that line. Choosing a cart can sometimes be a challenge too. If it looks like there is something dirty on it I have to choose a new one. I don't use the cleaning wipes they have to clean off my cart though because I don't want the cleaning chemical on my hands.  The more anxious I am the worse my OCD symptoms are.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I am the same! I always check the cart in front of me....I won't follow them if they have meat that's not wrapped in a plastic bag either. But I won't use the sanitizing wipes for the same reason either. Here's to boycotting stores that sell chemicals! lol. :)

    ReplyDelete

Spring Vacation