Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Batteries

Leaking batteries in my remote control white and crusty.

Placing gloves on hands to remove them and throw in trash outside.

Cleaned remote much to my dismay and it still is contaminated to away it went into the trash.

Nightstand that I like putting things on you are now contaminated too. I now can't set anything on you. What to do with you I just don't know.

Afraid of battery acid getting on me and especially in my eyes. Wearing contacts has started to interfere with my dirty OCD hands.

Not wanting to touch my outside garbage can because I might have somehow got battery acid on it when I threw the batteries in there so for now I have to wear a glove and hide it with a plastic grocery bag so my neighbors don't think I'm weird. Still feeling like my hands are dirty.

Bought a new remote. Hate touching batteries so I had to put my gloves on to put them in my remote. It now has a new home on top of the tv since I can't put it on my nightstand.

Batteries why do you have to cause so much trouble you stupid things.

4 comments:

  1. For some reason my computer has had some trouble finding your blog, so I haven't read for a while. I'm sorry you're having so much trouble. It's so frustrating the way OCD will cycle up and down.

    I can really relate to your HIV fears, but I think your doctor is right that testing probably won't resolve it. The battery/remote situation is probably a good one to do exposures with- you could start by using the nightstand again? Well, I know, easy for me to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann,
    What a nice surprise to find a comment while reading through my emails. Just someone showing support was enough to get me teary eyed. Thank you. I should start using the nightstand again. It is on quarantine for now. Thank you for your support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found this post on your blog via a Google search. I have the exact same worry about leaky batteries! I found some leaky AAAs in an old calculator that I had last week in my basement, and now that whole area of the basement, my garage (where I tossed the calculator into the trash), and the route I took from the basement to the garage feel contaminated. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless u. 10 years of suffering, you can overcome!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Vacation