Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Hair Color

How do I color my hair? 

Well, I used to use semi-permanent hair colors to color my grays when I began getting some in my 30's.  I didn't have a problem with it, in fact I was a licensed hair stylist for a few years.  

I am now in my early 40's and I am getting more grays.  A few years ago I started to color with my hair with henna, which is supposed to be more natural.  The last couple times I colored my hair I started to get anxiety and panic.  I usually color my hair in the morning and then in the evening I started to feel panic set in.  I had no side effects or anything, but OCD likes to make EVERYTHING dangerous. So, I started to worry about what it could do to me and if it gets into my body.  What could it do to me?  Now, I need to color my hair again as the gray is making it's way out.  I am thinking about not doing it again and letting my gray grow out which would cause a whole other set of issues. I really don't want to have gray hair yet.  I would feel embarrassed and insecure. I am already an insecure person with not a whole bunch of self-confidence.  So, today I got myself worked up thinking about what to do. I have also been doing a lot of watching you tube videos on transitioning to gray and looking up pictures of people with gray hair.  

Today I was thinking, wow, we here in America are so worried about gray hair.  People in other countries have so much bigger things to worry about.  Why are we so worried about our looks here?  I am liking that gray is a trend now, but it seems it's only trendy if you don't naturally have gray and you get it colored to look like that. 
I really don't know what I'm going to do.  

I was reading through some blog posts and I have been using henna since 2012. I wasn't sure when I started using it. Good to know. I want to know why things that were okay, all of a sudden cause fear with OCD?  This has happened with many other things as well. 

Also, I can't just color my hair whenever I want. I have to do it in the morning so that I can make sure I can go all day without having an allergic reaction before bed.  If I do it too close to bed, I will worry that something might happen during the night.  I do know that these are IRRATIONAL FEARS, but OCD doesn't care.  It treats them as if they are real and then my FIGHT or FLIGHT instincts kicks in.  Can anyone relate with this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Vacation