Monday, March 5, 2012

Burnout wash and antifreeze anxiety

I am a stay-at-home-mom.  I buy clothing for everyone but myself until mine is falling apart. I know it's sad but true. It doesn't really bother me. I wear basic clothing. Usually I wear jeans and some sort of black cotton shirt. I know it's boring. I don't like to stand out. I have felt like it would be nice to have a little more variety but I never have the money and until I lose the roll on my tummy then black is it. Anyway, I went to look for a few clothing items the other day and I actually bought them before deciding to put them back. I came home and washed them. I was looking at the tag on one of the shirts after I washed it and it said "burnout wash".  That struck some worry with me. I didn't know what it was so I looked it up on the internet. It's some type of wash they do to make it look worn. They use sulpheric acid. That's great. Now, I've had some issues with laundry being contaminated. I took back the shirt to the store yesterday. I know I should've just worn it but I couldn't.
The antifreeze will keep bothering me until it's out of our shed. I had my husband move it from the garage to the shed. I knew it would bother me because of the tools and lawn mower in there. I just didn't want it in the garage and I didn't want to move the lawn mower to the garage because it'll smell like gas and contaminate. Yesterday alot of people were mowing their lawns because it was the first nice day we've had in a while. I am dreading when my husband mows our lawn because of my fear that the lawn mower is now contaminated with the antifreeze fumes. Then when he comes inside he will contaminate everything he touches. I get so mad then that he bought that antifreeze. It just didn't have to be like this. I do not want chemicals near my home.

2 comments:

  1. Hugs, Kim! I totally get where you're coming from. It's so hard, too, when husbands are normal and do "normal" things - which trigger OCD for us crazies. :) Wish I could offer some relief. If it were me, I'd have a green smoothie and take a nap. Naps are always good. :)
    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, i still have at least a foot of snow in my yard, so i am jealous :).

    It is sooo infuriating when i think things are going fine and then, bang, hubby does something i hadn't thot of, that will make my routine or evening full of dread and anxiety that didn't HAVE to be there ! My anger at him would up the anxiety i felt about whatever happened. I, too, have had to learn to let the anger disipate first and then deal with the new reality. Normal people just have no clue!

    Hopefully between the 2 of you you were able to think of a way to get the lawn mowed with the least amount of cross-contamination possible!

    That's what i hate the most about contamination ocd, it gets others involved in my problem whether they want to be or not!

    ((hugs)) and here's to a better week this coming one.

    ReplyDelete

Spring Vacation