Friday, January 13, 2012

Another day in OCD land

Usually, I wouldn't even post on a day like today. I think you might know by the date. I usually avoid any appointment or anything that could be recorded on paper on this day. I don't like the number. I don't make any major purchase on days of this number. It's not that I really believe the superstions but I don't want to take a chance. OCD rears it's ugly head on it.
I am tired and irritable today. I have been tired this whole week especially in the afternoon. It might be because we have to get up early again now that school is back in session.
So, a few things happened today that my OCD didn't like. I went to target which I don't think I'm going to go there for a while because I'm really annoyed with them trying to shove their dumb 5% savings credit card on me. One girl made me feel violated last time. I wished I had said something to her. She's like may I ask why you wouldn't want to save blah, blah, and I said I don't want any more cards and she's like it's just like a debit card well I guess she didn't get it because she obviously doesn't care about me saving money anyway she just wants whatever she gets out of it for herself. I don't like having to listen to it every time I go there. Anyway, I bought some dishwasher detergent and then I noticed afterward before I left it had some dirty gunk on the outside of it. I was going to just take it home but I decided I don't have time to deal with this so I went back in and returned it. That lady made me feel like I was an idiot. I guess I should have said I don't want it because it is dirty but I said I got the wrong kind. Doesn't that ever happen?   Then she said in a snotty tone, "You got the wrong kind?" Then she even said it again. I said yeah I guess I should pay better attention next time and I apologized which I shouldn't have. So, I was irked about that. I guess I should have been snotty back but that's just not me. I don't want to be like that anyway. It's ugly. I like to be nice.
Oh ya, the other thing that happened but I stopped at the bank and noticed they had de-icer sprayed on the parking lot. I was fine with walking on it but then on the way back I notice my pant leg was touching the ground. Great!  Usually I would throw them away but I can't since I only have a couple pairs of jeans. Now, I'm going to have to wash them several times in hot water and then run an empty load to clean the washer which will still feel contaminated. Then I will feel like I am contaminating the dryer by putting them in there. If it was just me it might be easier but I feel like I am contaminating everyone's clothes in the house. I want to take a nap, but I am babysitting today and he is pushing my buttons. They seem to know when your day isn't the greatest. It's probably the way I react though.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim. I'm glad you took a chance and posted on Friday. I know it must have been hard but you did it! Really good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I am so much like you when it comes to contamination, I do things like this all the time but it is always about asbestos.... I am the one who posted earlier today, moved house, husband jacket. he tells me he has bought a new motorcycle jacket today, i guess it is my valentines gift which I am happy about even though I know it is my problem that I need to fix. I guess he actually wanted a new jacket too. whatever keeps the peace.

    ReplyDelete

Spring Vacation