Thursday, December 8, 2011

I had to take my car the the auto shop today. Not something I was looking forward to. I talked about how my husband was going to work on my brakes but he said he didn't want to deal with it if it was going to bother me so much. I had some other stuff going on with it and I needed an oil change too. I don't like taking it there because I am afraid they may have gotton chemicals on my steering wheel, keys, etc. I cleaned it off and wore some rubber gloves on my way home. I had a new key chain I used because I just recently found it laying around in my house and when I wiped it off after the mechanics it had some dirt on it. I don't know what it was. Does anyone else have such issues with chemicals as I do. I know I remember a fellow blogger saying they had issues with taking their car to the mechanics. I was just wondering because it seems like alot of you don't have issues with chemicals. I know a few of you do. It makes everyday life quite difficult. What do you do to feel safe? I just don't know.

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I have the same fears as you! I really understand your problems in daily life. I´ve struggles with this problems for ten years and I´ve tried CBT, SSRI, other forms of therapies.
    My best advice is: try to trust your husband and trust God. There is no way to fly, you must go all the way through the fears. I will recommend a really good book: "When in doubt-make belief" Jeff Bell. Encouraging.
    Ester in Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - I have a hard time taking my car into a mechanic too - but it's actually easier for me to let my husband do the work - because he totally caters to my OCD. ( I know, he's an enabler. ;D) Then he lets me pull the car in and out so I don't have to worry about what's gotten on the seat or the steering wheel. Wish I knew what to tell you. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a hard time with chemicals and pesticides. I try to ask other "normal" people what they do and try to force myself to follow their lead. Sometimes that works. I had no choice and had to have a pesticide guy come in my house months ago. I still can't bring myself to touch light switches that I think he touched. Funny, I was just thinking yesterday that I will have to deal w/that. It's sure hard. I find the more compulsions I remove, the more I start to have a general feeling of everything being ok. The feeling of safety I get from compulsions is so fleeting. I'm sorry you're struggling so much.

    ReplyDelete

Spring Vacation