Saturday, June 30, 2012

Summer fun and going about my business in spite of OCD

I have stayed busy this summer even though it hasn't looked much like summer around here. It is raining alot right now. It was nice earlier today and me and my daughter went and picked strawberries. I have always wanted to do that and finally did. It is alot of work but it was rewarding. It's not so easy bending and squatting and all that. I want to make some strawberry shortcake with them on the 4th. Oh ya, a bit of an OCD issue when we got to the strawberry farm. I gave our containers to the person to weigh before picking and her hands had alot of cuts on them and a bandaid. Usually I'd be like now I can't do this but I told myself her hands are probably like that from working hard on the farm and I just talked myself out of being too worried. I even ate a strawberry while picking, that I didn't wash and I didn't wash my hands either. I'm proud of myself. I have a few more issues I think I have been a big girl about. I went to a chinese garden the other day and the man who rang us up seemed like he might have been gay. I guess I'm stero-typing and again I am not predjudice, it all has to do with my OCD and fear of aids. I took the brochure he gave me and didn't wash my hands.
I took my daughter to get an italian soda the other day and it seemed to me because of the way the guy talked that was making it could have been gay and had tattoos. He cut and squeezed fresh pomegrante juice into our drinks and that made me uncomfortable but I drank it anyway.
One other issue I had was when we went out for Chinese food on my husband's birthday. I thought the waiter was gay and this is a big fear of mine. I ate my food anyway and was a big girl about it. I am proud of myself.
I am taking advantage of the library this summer by using passed they have to get into places in the city for free. So far it was the Children's museum last week and the Chinese garden. I actually found my way to the Children's museum without taking any wrong turns or getting off the path even though I've been that way alot but only once or twice a year. I am so directionally challenged it's not even funny.
My son and I helped with Vacation Bible school a few weeks ago at our church also. We had fun. We were in with the first grade class and it was big. It was a great experience.

Hope everyone is having a great summer and have a happy Fourth of July.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kim - really great work!! That was so awesome that you pushed yourself even though you were uncomfortable. I hope you feel really good about that, because you should.

    I am having a great summer, thank you. Hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This all takes great courage to face fears and tolerate distress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys! It's so nice to have such great people to cheer me on.

    ReplyDelete

Spring Vacation